TAGS: Positions Vacant October 2018
Join the GLOBE Committee as our next Community Director
Please note – This is a voluntary position
If you are an energetic, committed and people focused individual, we have an opportunity for you to join our diverse, dynamic, and passionate team.
We are looking for a friendly and pragmatic person who can build a strong rapport with the wider LGBTI community. You will be operating in a fast-paced environment with highly challenging and rewarding opportunities.
Experience delivering large events and/or projects is highly desirable.
GLOBE has a desire to better reflect the community we serve. We encourage LBTQ women, non-binary and gender non-conforming people to apply for this position.
About the role
Reporting to the GLOBE President and forming part of a diverse, dynamic, and passionate team, this role is critical to GLOBE’s future.
GLOBE has a strong growth agenda, with particular focus on giving back to the Victorian LGBTI community. The position of GLOBE Community Director will play a pivotal role in building on our already strong community ties to increase our support of the community.
This role has 3 fundamental elements, including:
- Management and execution of GLOBE’s Community programmes
- Maintaining strong ties with our Community partners
- Forging new and long-lasting relationships with Community partners
- Maintain a strong relationship with GLOBE’s community partners (inc. JOY 94.9, Switchboard Victoria and Hares and Hyenas)
- Manage and execute the GLOBE Community Awards and Community Grants events
- Regularly connect with other LGBTI community organisations to identify and assist to execute opportunities for partnership
What you’ll need to succeed
- Motivation to succeed. We are looking for self-starters who are dedicated, able to prioritise and operate with a sense of urgency and ownership to see things through to completion.
- Experience in stakeholder management is essential
- Experience planning and executing events/ projects is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead a small team
- A passion and commitment to providing back to the LGBTI community
- Organised and with strong time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan and execute large scale events and/or projects
GLOBE is a not for profit LGBTI Community Organisation that unites Victorian LGBTI individuals, groups and their supporters through social, professional and community events.
In its 26th year, GLOBE continues to move from strength to strength in its plight to support, promote and drive the Victorian LGBTI Community.
Community is central to GLOBE’s purpose.
GLOBE has a long and proud tradition of providing financial support to Victoria’s LGBTI individuals, groups and organisations through the GLOBE Community Grants program. To date, we’ve given out more than $100,000 in grants and scholarships.
Over the past 5 years’ GLOBE, in partnership with the Victorian Government, has also celebrated the unsung heroes of the Victorian LGBTI Community through the GLOBE Community Awards.
The awards highlight the work of all types of organisations that benefit or unite the LGBTI community and highlight the outstanding work and contribution of individuals in our community.
Applying for this position
Applications close on Friday 9th November 2018 at 5pm
Applications can be addressed to Dan de Rochefort | [email protected]