GLOBE’s 2017 Community Grants are the largest to date, with $25,000 in grants to be donated to Melbourne’s LGBTI community.
GLOBE has a long and proud history of providing financial support to Melbourne’s LGBTI individuals, groups and organisations through the GLOBE Community Grants. $60,000 has been donated by GLOBE to the community over 25 years.
Three categories of GLOBE Community Grants are available - Community Grants of up to $2,000 for organisations, the GLOBE Scholarship of up to $1,000 for LGBTI students and early career professionals, and the inaugural GLOBE Small Business Grant of $4,000.
The inaugural GLOBE Small Business Grant will provide GLOBE members who are small business owners with the opportunity to develop, expand and promote their business. Finalists for the grant will have the opportunity to pitch their business to a panel at a special event on June 23rd.
To be eligible for a GLOBE Community Grant you must be:
- A GLBTI organisation based in Victoria, or an organisation that delivers activities targeted at the GLBTI community in Victoria
- Seeking funding for an activity being delivered within the next 12 months
To be eligible for a GLOBE Scholarship you must:
- Identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex
- Be living in Victoria
- Be in part-time or full-time education or an early career professional (within the first three years of your career)
To be eligible for a GLOBE Small Business Grant you must:
- A GLOBE member who owns a small business
- Be living in Victoria and the small business you own must operate in Victoria
GLOBE will accept applications for GLOBE Community Grants over a period of 6 weeks - from Monday April 3rd until Sunday May 14th. The recipients of the GLOBE Community Grants will be announced on June 23rd.
To apply for a GLOBE Community Grant, applicants are asked to send in a submission of no more than 2 A4 pages, that outlines:
- A description of the group or organisation.
- The activities undertaken in the Victorian GLBTI community.
- The project or activity that the GLOBE Community Grant will support.
- Benefit to the GLBTI community.
- How you will recognise the funding by GLOBE in your activity (note: all grant recipients are required to participate in a case study and provide an update/report on how funding was used by February 2018).
To apply for a GLOBE Scholarship, applicants are asked to send in a 2-page submission, along with a copy of the applicant's CV and a professional reference from an employer, mentor or teacher. The submission must outline:
- A brief description of themselves and their current situation.
- Current education / career situation and career aspirations.
- The educational opportunity that the Scholarship will support.
- What the Scholarship will mean to you.
To apply for a GLOBE Small Business Grant, applicants must be current GLOBE members, and are asked to send in a submission of no more than 5 A4 pages, that outlines:
- A description of yourself and small business
- An overview of the project or activity that the GLOBE Business Grant will support that outlines:
- The objectives of the project
- How it will be delivered
- The results / output
- How you will evaluate the project
- What is innovative about the project
- How the funding will be used
- How you will recognise the funding by GLOBE
The three small businesses listed as finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their business idea to a panel of judges at a special event on Friday June 23rd.
Please send your applications and any enquiries to Walter at email@example.com.
Applications close on Sunday May 14th.